10 Tips To Jumpstarting Your Fitness Journey
1. Set a goal. Make it something like "I will be able to hold a plank for a full minute by March", rather than "I will lose two dress sizes". Fitness is about more than your clothing size.
2. Find a workout you enjoy. If the gym isn't for you, you'll never stick to it. Try yoga, Pilates, dance, cycling... whatever excites you enough to do every day.
3. Schedule your workouts into your calendar. That way, you can never make the "I don't have time" excuse.
4. Get yourself a workout buddy to keep you accountable (or sign up for TwitterGetsFitter!)
5. Eliminate diet culprits like processed sugar and deep-fried food.
6. Make small changes to your day -- start taking the stairs instead of the elevator, or walk to the store instead of driving or taking a cab.
7. Drink more water. Target at least 2.5 litres a day.
8. Quit the weighing scale! It isn't an accurate measure of fitness, and will only stress you out.
9. Eat more fibre. And I mean EAT it! There are plenty of supplements available, but it's best to try and get it through your diet. Plenty of fruits and veggies!
10. Get some fresh air. A busy schedule can make you want to stick to home workouts, but getting out and inhaling fresh air can really clear your head.
Looking for that extra push, or a fun workout buddy? Sign up now!